Warning: Illegal string offset 'block_home_page' in /home/maureenmccabe/columbusbestblog.com/wp-content/plugins/pinterest-block/pinterest-block.php on line 458

Warning: Illegal string offset 'block_front_page' in /home/maureenmccabe/columbusbestblog.com/wp-content/plugins/pinterest-block/pinterest-block.php on line 459

Warning: Illegal string offset 'block_posts' in /home/maureenmccabe/columbusbestblog.com/wp-content/plugins/pinterest-block/pinterest-block.php on line 460

The 10 Riskiest US Home Markets – Fall 2008

by Maureen McCabe on October 2, 2008

Don’t worry Columbus is on the list for the ten safest US housing markets…

Here’s The Real Estate Bloggers entry Top 10 Riskiest Home Markets for Fall 2008

Count down or up from the bottom of the list… according to PMI (Private Mortgage Insurance) there is less than 1% chance of lower home prices for the market in 2 years.  Contrast those to the housing markets on the top of the list with over a 99% chance…

  1. Fort Worth-Arlington; TX
  2. Dallas-Plano-Irving; TX
  3. Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown; TX
  4. Pittsburgh; PA
  5. San Antonio; TX
  6. Memphis, TN-MS-AR
  7. Indianapolis-Carmel; IN
  8. Kansas City; MO-KS
  9. Austin-Round Rock; TX
  10. Columbus; OH

All have less than 1% percent chance of prices being lower within the next two years Also less than 1% chance of lower prices…. St. Louis, MO-IL, Milwaukee-Waukesha-West Allis; WI, Charlotte-Gastonia-Concord; NC-SC, Cincinnati-Middletown; OH-KY-IN, Denver-Aurora; CO.

Is there a difference in the list… is Columbus a riskier >1% than cities one through nine?  And a lot better than Cinci who would be #15 on a list? Cleveland is just  1.1%…

Those 10 riskiest?   The ten riskiest according to PMI with over 96% chance of decrease are : Fort Lauderdale-Pompano Beach-Deerfield Beach; FLA,Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario; CA, Orlando-Kissimmee; FL, Miami-Miami Beach-Kendall; FL, Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater; FL, Las Vegas-Paradise; NV, Los Angeles-Long Beach-Glendale; CA, Santa Ana-Anaheim-Irvine; CA, Jackksonville; FL and  Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale; AZ. Visit the PMI study for everything in between if you are not from Columbus or one of these markets.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

{ 6 comments }

1 Michael Long October 12, 2008 at 06:55 pm

Their is no way that this is correct. In 2008? I live in both Indianapolis and Seattle. Indianapolis has had some falling home prices but I walk past properties that drop $100,000 in Seattle all the time. Seattle is insanely overpriced.

2 Maureen McCabe October 13, 2008 at 07:06 am

huh

I think it probably is correct Michael. PMI has been at this for a little while.

I did not bother to check out where Seattle is on the list… because as hard as it is for those who live in Seattle to believe, it is not the center of the universe.

I know since you have lived in both Seattle and Indianapolis you can make comparisons but can you compare Fort Lauderdale, Orlando Miami, LA, Riverside? PMI did. Does quarterly I believe… or is it just twice a year….

I don’t think being on the bottom of the list, safest, guarantees a home owner that the price of their home won’t fall but it’s safer in Columbus than it is in Riverside CA.

Thanks for the comment.

3 Juanita October 13, 2008 at 07:46 pm

Hi , I am a Tequila lover still trying out the Tequilas from Mexican restaurants here in Ohio. I’ve been to most retaurants listed on _________________________ Now I am going to Ensenada in Mexico, any recommendations?
Gracias :)

4 Maureen McCabe October 14, 2008 at 07:36 am

Any recommendations?

hmmm Mexican Restaurant SPAM would be more appropriate on posts about Mexican food wouldn’t it? I had to remove the link… and now I’ll have to have my spam filter just send everything from “Juanita” go straight to spam.

5 Amado Menchaca July 10, 2010 at 07:08 pm

I hope you don’t mind if I save your post for future reference. I have been lurking on a few real estate blogs lately and that’s the most thoughtful and accurate analysis of the situation that I have read to date. Thanks.

6 Maureen McCabe July 12, 2010 at 10:54 am

Of course not. I hope that you don’t mind that I edited out the link to the RE spam site with one post on it in your link…

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post:

Next post: